Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes We Did!

I didn't get to watch the innaguration live today because, thankfully, I have a job. I wanted to watch it and I did get to see most of his speech on my lunch break.

Today we got to see that what my Ivan's Dad said to him as a child is true; anyone can be president! If you grew up a person of color, or a woman, you never thought you could be elected president. But the election of Barack Obama has shown us that, indeed, that Ivan's Dad (like many other Dad's) was right...do well in school, do the right things, study hard, work hard, and be good to people and you will achieve great things.

I am excited for the future of our country. For the first time in years, I felt like we didn't just settle on a candidate. We have a good man leading us.

Hooray for us!

And hooray for our new president!

No comments: